The Advantages that Cloud ERP can offer
For some businesses, investing in ERP software may be out their reach because it seems too costly and time consuming to implement. And yet, ERP systems have become an integral part of a growing number of organisations, helping to them to become more efficient and streamlined.
An alternative solution that is becoming more viable for SME’s is cloud ERP. This provides the full functionality of a standalone ERP system without requiring the same level of cost or reorganisation of infrastructure. This is particularly useful for companies that are growing quickly and need a reliable and secure system that will be able to scale up as they need.
Each solution will provide a set of different features depending on their package, but the basic benefits remain the same across them all.
If your business is considering moving to a cloud ERP, read on to discover more about the many ways in which they can help you.
How does Cloud ERP help to reduce costs?
• It means you do not have to buy and install large amounts of computer hardware, including user consoles and data servers
• Reduces the need for in-house IT support services as the IT exists within the cloud
• You are not required to pay large amounts upfront for software licenses
• Minimises the cost of support and maintenance as the cloud supplier will manage all updates and upgrades as and when needed
Spending less will earn you more
Determining return on investment is always one of the key areas of consideration when evaluating the implementation of a cloud ERP system. Business that opt to take up the option instantly notice a reduction in costs as the set up process and maintenance requirements are far lower.
A reasonably sized budget is instead put aside for the cloud ERP supplier to get them up and running. There is also the possibility that the monthly or yearly payments could be accounted for as operating expenditure instead of capital expenditure.
What are the other key benefits of investing in Cloud ERP?
• You only pay for the computing resources you need at any given time
• A fixed monthly rate is paid allowing you to budget cash flow and utilise resources in other areas of the business
• Cloud ERP applications can be taken advantage of more efficiently as there is no requirement for the installation of hardware or software on internal servers
• Being able to quickly scale up or down whenever needed to match seasonal cycles or growth/changes within the business
• Always secure in the knowledge that critical business data is backed up and protected in the event of any unexpected facility incidents
• Lowering the stress on internal IT departments as local servers face less of an attack threat as data is stored in the cloud
• The ability to access the system and data from anywhere, including laptops, mobile phones, and iPads, keeping management locked into any situations that require their immediate attention
Enhanced security and agile flexibility
Any business going through a continued period of growth needs to rely on services and applications that are flexible enough to adapt to its changing goals. Commercial success brings with it unexpected issues that need to be overcome to keep the company on the right track.
This makes cloud ERP the most logical choice as it provides you with the level of agility needed to continue managing and growing your business.
Not only is it accessible wherever there is an internet connection, but cloud ERP is also completely secure. Some of the largest software companies in the world, such as Microsoft and Oracle, host these platforms, ensuring security, availability and speed, given you the guarantees and assurances you need to invest.