Double deep pallet racking allows pallets to be stored 2 pallets deep but are still accessible from the same aisle by the use of a telescopic fork lift trucks. Generally the forklift truck will have a camera at the forks and a control monitor in the operator cabin to view the second pallet in the lane.
Double deep racking systems are a variant on standard adjustable beam racking and are a good alternative to narrow aisle storage. With the first-in first-out system (FIFO), you get an efficient stock management system which can take advantage of the increased storage density.
- Very economical
- Boosts the amount of floor space available for storage
- Stocks medium to heavy-weight storage units
- Optimum utilisation of storage volume
- Full use of stacker crane service capability
- Compared to one pallet deep storage, up to 25% of storage space in a warehouse can be saved due to improved volume utilisation
- Reduce damage
Contact us today on 01937 585057 if you have any questions about double deep pallet racking. 2H Storage Solutions are specialists in the storage of long and heavy products and have particular knowledge of the steel stock-holding industry.
Below are case studies from some of our successful pallet racking installations. Over the years we have successfully installed many material handling systems including all types of pallet racking, mezzanine floors, industrial shelving and full automated warehouse systems.