Carousel Material Handling System
A carousel material handling system is an automated storage and retrieval system. It uses a series of bins mounted onto a vertical oval track inside a large cabinet. When commanded, the bins will rotate along the track to bring items to the operator. The motion is similar to a ferris wheel. Integrated computer controls allows you to perform activities from simple transactions to full inventory control.
If you wish to increase stock efficiency, improve the working environment and save a lot of space, a vertical carousel storage system could be the solution. Effectively a vertical carousel is a vertical storage system which looks like a large vending machine that fully utilises any available height. Also known as vertical lifts, these ASRS storage systems can be adapted and customised for almost any purpose.
Vertical storage carousel systems allows for efficient storage of a wide range of storage products, from bulk goods to very small parts. This type of carousel storage can be individually subdivided by height to meet the needs of specific applications using self-supporting intermediate shelves. With a combination of drawers, flaps and dividers, they can be adapted to store a high density small parts using standard containers.
They efficiently deliver any type of product to the operator, yielding a low-floor-space way of storing, securing, and retrieving anything.
Benefits Vertical Carousel Storage Systems
- Authorised access
- Authorised access via password security. Enter the authorized password and part number and quantity needed, and parts are automatically retrieved and delivered through a safe, convenient access window.
- Space saving
- By utilizing vertical space, a vertical carousel offers more high-density storage capacity per cubic foot than other types of systems on the market. Store up to 25 times more product per square foot than conventional shelving freeing up floor space.
- Controlling and managing of inventory
- Every parts withdrawal can be recorded via video camera and is time and date stamped. Records show who withdrew parts and which parts were dispensed.
- Higher through-put
- A single worker can be as productive as three workers picking from static shelving.
- Due to the modular design the unit height can be adapted quickly and cost-effectively for any changes in the workplace.
- Labor savings
- As the goods are automatically brought to the operator, saving unproductive time otherwise spent moving around and searching.
- Ergonomic benefits
- No more bending down, reaching or climbing, all items are brought to the picker at an ergonomic level which in turn increasing worker safety and productivity.
- The units can also be customized to specific heights and capacities.
- Security and Control
- They offer a great level of security compared with other types of storage systems. Unlike aisles of unprotected open bins, vertical carousels can be locked down completely.
Vertical carousels are used in a number of industries including manufacturing and finished goods, retail and apparel, machine building, information achieving, and warehouse applications. Ergonomically pick & handle for storage of various items for order picking.
Call our team on 01937 585 057 for more information on carousel storage systems.